Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Natural Hair Update

As some of you may already know I'm currently 5mos natural. I decided to give you guys a quick run down on my hair. First of all I don't wear my hair out as much because of the weather. I mostly wear protective styles, mainly because I'm clueless. On how to protect it through the winter. When I'm in the house I wear my hair out. I take care of my hair like I "think" I should, I don't apply alot of different products to my hair. I really don't see the point on changing up something that's working great for my hair. Now my hair does get very dry so I apply a mixture of oils to it whenever it starts feeling rough. That's probably the only issue I've been having with it. My hair is growing out very well in my opinion. I'm learning the best thing to do is let my hair do its own thing. I have to say that protective styles are really helping my hair. I mostly wear wigs and I LOVE IT. I know some people don't understand that and think why cut off all your hair just to rock wigs and that's not the case. Just because I went natural doesn't mean I can't wear wigs,braids, and etc. Me going natural was not to go on this life changing journey, I did it because I was sick of damaging my hair. However since going natural its making a huge difference in my life. I'm more confident and happy about myself. I can see the true me and not worry what others think. My life is a work in progress...but I do give alot of credit to my hair. Its playing a huge part with me finding myself.

I will post a length check and go into more details on my hair and a list of products I'm using. I'm thinking of doing a couple of reviews on the wigs I've been wearing.

Here's a couple of pictures of my hair in a twist out after a few days