Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System

For sometime now I've been trying to deal with my dark spots and uneven skin tone, so I thought I should try using a microdermabrasion system. I had no idea what product to buy and after watching Youtube videos I decided to go to walmart and buy the Olay Microdermabrasion and Peel System. Now I've had this for about 3months. Before getting into the review here's a description of the product.


Description:
"Combine the power of microdermabrasion and a mini-peel treatment for visibly smoother softer and more even-toned skin".

There are two different products used in the system

Microdermabrasion Treatment with derma-crystal
Step 1- Apply the derma-crystal to a clean/dry face "Quarter" size. Cover entire face and avoid the eyes. Gently massage for 45 seconds to 1 minute.


Next

Peel Activator Serum with lactic acid
Step 2- Apply serum onto fingertips adding a thick layer directly over the entire derma-crystal mask. Gentle massage for up to 1 minute. OK once you apply this over the mask a "white" foam will appear and your face will start warming up.


Once the product has been on your face for about a minute wipe it off with a warm damp cloth.

I've have to honestly say that so far its not working for me. I haven't seen a huge different in my skin. Now it does make my skin soft *shrugs* nothing special. I just used it on Monday and it did take away dead skin on one of my blemishes. The derma crystal is a little harsh on my skin it kind of makes my skin red. The serum in my opinion doesn't work. I guess I should research more on what the peel is suppose to do, because its not doing much. I can't say that the product won't work for others. I just need to use it a little longer before giving it a grade. I really hope this works because I really want a even skin tone.