Thursday, July 14, 2011

Whoo I'm 1 Year Natural!!!

HEY LOVAHs

I am HAPPY and PROUD to say I just celebrated My 1 year mark being Natural on Tuesday. It really doesn't seem like its been a year but it has. I have to be honest that its still a learning process and you have to be committed to your hair. I have to say there were SEVERAL times where I wanted to cut my hair off, color it and/or start over. I'm Proud to say I NEVER once thought about going back to relaxers. Yes it is hard finding hairstyles and dealing with a new texture but relaxers were more frustrating and damaging to my hair. I think that I could have done better with my hair but I am proud of the results.

Goals:
Use Raw Shea Butter, when I decided to go natural everyone talked about how much they love using shea butter and how it help with their hair. I went out and brought some but never used it because my hair was growing out and I really didn't see the need to using it. Now that my hair has reached a certain length.

Detangle more..I've been really bad about detangling my hair after every wash. Sometimes I'm in a rush and just need to wash my hair and go. (i don't do wash and gos)

TRIM its time for a Serious Trim. I have not trim my hair because I'm afraid of cutting it lol said the person who wanted to chop it off again #sad. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to trim it myself or go to a professional. However that's been an issue lately.

Throughout the year I had to deal with dryness but lately its been getting better, however I'm dealing with shedding. I really need to find ways to deal with this. I try my hardest not to put too much stress on my hair. I try once to put heat on it. I flat iron a small section and decided I wasn't ready for that. Ok back to the shedding, if anyone knows a method I can use please leave me a comment it would help alot!!

Products that I use
Can't live without
Shampoo/Condition-Herbal Essence Hello Hydration
Leave in Conditioner-Creme of Nature Lemongrass and Rosemary
Deep Conditioner/Detangler-Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayo
Oils-Olive Oil, Coconut, and Jojoba Oil mix with WATER

Growing on me
Shea Moisture Organic Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Shea Moisture Raw Shea Restorative Trauma Masque
Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship

PICTURE TIME!!!

Twist Out
Dec'10-July'11

Finger Coil
Aug '10-June'11

Hair Puff
Nov'10-June'11

Mohawk/SidePinup
Dec'10-Jan'11-June'11